Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stardust for Everyone!

Tumble outta bed
And stumble to the kitchen
Pour myself a cup of ambition
Yawnin, stretchin, try to come to life
Jump in the shower
And the blood starts pumpin
Out on the streets
The traffic starts jumpin
And folks like me on the job from 9 to 5
Don't know why, but I thought of that song, and felt it was a good way to start this. Great day, started with an amazing tour of the infamous Carnagie Hall. Amazing, and beautiful place to be in, a couple members of the group sang in the main hall. Amazing sound in there, you don't even know. I would strongly recommend checking that out for any music lovers out there. After that, Kolvek and I made our way to an interesting restaurant, called Stardust. Its really cool, there is always a waitor singing, because they are all aspiring actors, who want to sing on Broadway. Really cool stuff, very moving to see the talent in such a place. To round out the day, we checked out the Staten Island Ferry, saw good ol' Lady Liberty Liberty, extremely moving, I don't know what it is about seeing that statue, but whenever I see it, it just makes me proud to be an American. But that is all the news I have for today, until next time.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, you and I are going to sing 9 to 5 together. I know ever word of the entire original album.

    Secondly, how All-American could your Friday get? Carnegie Hall, Staten Island Ferry, Statue of Liberty....too bad it is January, you needed a Yankees' game to top it off.

    ReplyDelete