Tuesday, January 26, 2010

In the Heights, with Corbin Bleu


So I woke up today, feeling good, I don't know why or how, but I felt almost invincible. Which was good since Eric and I decided to go try the lottery for In the Heights. Eric had to hand out sandwiches so we met at the theater. We signed up, and went outside for the drawing. During the drawing, there was a sheet of paper that looked a lot like mine, because it was. I won the lottery to In the Heights! I was jacked beyond all belief, we got our tickets then I got my family some suvernoirs (if thats how you spell it). Before the show, we were sitting in front of the theatre, and wouldn't you know it Kenny Ortega, good friend of Corbin Bleu, and director of movies like High School Musical and Newsies was entering the theatre. I could literally feel my little sister getting excited as I texted my family that he was there. My sister is a huge HSM fan, so I knew going to this show that she was going to be very jealous of me, but I digress. The show was awesome, amazing look, great actors, great choreography, just great. After the show, Eric and I decided to wait to get some Herby Hancocks on our playbill. The great thing about most actors is how willing they are to hang out with the fans. All the actors and dancers who stuck around where really cool, and were holding good conversations with us. Then there was chaos that was Corbin Bleu, he stepped out and I was literally bombarded by playbills from little girls standing behind me. Eric held a good conversation with him, even with all that stuff going on. It seemed that Corbin was an awesome guy, he was really interested in what everyone was saying around him. Just all around a great time. Until next time.
p.s. I know the picture isn't top quality, my camera on my phone doesn't being too close aparently, and will take very odd pictures.

1 comment:

  1. This was a lot of fun Jon! I won't be forgetting this night any time soon. Wouldn't have picked another guy to see the event with. (If i win the lottery I will get into in the heights at a much cheaper price!)

    ReplyDelete